Friday, January 23, 2009

My First LA Audition

Well, the inevitable has happened. I had my first audition in LA. I went up very early on Wednesday morning so that I could sign up at Central Casting as an extra/background person as well. It was a very, very long day. 3 1/2 hour drive to get to Burbank to stand in line for 2 hours. It was like a cattle call. Then I rushed over to my audition in West Hollywood. It was for a European Pilot of Candid Camera. They needed people to "spoof" and wanted me to fake pretend reactions to their ideas. It was...odd.
That lasted about 10 minutes, then I went to drive home and got lost in some shitty part of Hollywood/Korea Town/don't get caught here at night kind of place until Elsa could talk me through the streets via Google Maps and get me to the highway.
Then I battled rush hour on the 3 1/2 hour trip back.
Yeah, Hollywood!!

No comments: