Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Exciting Times!

Oh so much to tell! Since the last time I posted I finished my first movie, Scarecrow, Tinwoman, & Lion, a UCSD student production. What a blast that was! I should be getting a copy of that pretty soon. Elsa and I went to the premier at UCSD to see it. That was fun. It's not gonna win any Academy Awards or anything, but it was a great experience for me and I'm really glad I got to do it.

The M Word finished it's run, and that was also a lot of fun. There's nothing like the immediacy of live theater. I was asked to audition for Annie at the Starlight Theater this summer, but ultimately decided to pass on it. I think it will just take too much of my time and energy that I need to devote to other things.

Yesterday, however, was quite the banner day. I spent the afternoon shooting another movie. This one is a series of mini episodes, 10 in all, 8-10 minutes each. It's a thriller called Crimson about a guy who is a hit man for hire, but he's also married with a kid. It should be pretty good. I am basically a featured extra in it. I play the waitress who serves one of the guys that gets wacked by the main character.

Shout out to Matt Snead, Peter Buitenhek, and Walter and his girl Malia. They were awesome! Thanks for coming to the show Walter!

It was such a fantastic experience. It was a very professional set and they shot with a 4K Red One Camera. Wow, it was gorgoeus! They had all kinds of toys. It was just fun to be a part of, and everyone on the set was so cool.

Then, I capped the day off by going to Brick by Brick and performing stand-up comedy for the first time. It was beyond my wildest imagination. I was simply hoping not to suck and it turned out I was pretty good. They asked me to come back, and both of the main headliners also invited me to perform at their venues. Wow! What an absolutely amazing experience it was.

Unfortunately, my "manager" ran out of battery power and didn't end up video taping any of it. That was a real bummer. So I've uploaded the audio from the performance, but it's just not quite the same without the visual. Oh well, it's the best I have to offer until I perform again.

Enjoy!

No comments: